Case Study 1: Enhanced Oil Recovery – Arkoma
Arkoma 1 well was an Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) treatment performed in 2019. The well was drilled in 2017 with an initial production rate of 980 Mcfd of gas. By 2019, 30 days prior to treatment, the well was producing an average of 1,240 Mcfd. Post-treatment, the well increased gas production to an average of 2,220 Mcfd for 150 days. To-date, 420 days post-treatment, the incremental recovered volume is approximately 46,000 BOE. Treatment payback for the operator was approximately 90 days.
Case Study 2: Enhanced Oil Recovery – BUDA
BUDA 1 well was an early Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) case study performed in 2017 during the research and development phase. The well was drilled in 2011 with an initial production rate of 140 Bopd of oil and 1,400 Mcfd of gas. By 2017, 30 days prior to treatment, the well had fallen to an average of 2 Bopd and 30 Mcfd. Post-treatment, the well increased oil production to 11 Bopd for 180 days. Nearly 4 years post-treatment, the to-date incremental recovered volume is approximately 12,500 BOE. Treatment payback for the operator was approximately 270 days.
Case Study 3: Frac Hit Mitigation – Eagleford
Case Study 3 was a 3-well frac hit protection program that took place in 2019 in the Eagleford Formation in Dewitt County, Texas. In January 2019, Well 1 was treated with 5,000 barrels of water, injected with 120 barrels of nanoActiv® as smaller-volume pills throughout the initial pre-load. The treatment soaked for approximately 2½ weeks during the infill well work to allow the nanoparticles to diffuse throughout the reservoir and alter the wettability of the formation to create more favorable fluid-flow conditions. In May 2019, Well 2 was treated similarly to Well 1 with 120 barrels of nanoActiv® , whereas Well 3 was treated with ½ the dosage, 60 barrels of nanoActiv® blend. Like Well 1, wells 2 and 3 had a soak time of 2 ½ weeks while infill well work was being completed.
Prior to using nanoActiv®, the operator of the three Eagleford case studies stated, on average well production was returning to only 65% Bopd. However, over 1.5 years post-treatment with nanoActiv®, the producer is seeing the wells continue to surpass previous production rates, and the cumulative incremental production between the three wells is approximately 56,000 BOE. Nitro-Lift estimates the treatments paid back between 30-90 days.
Case Study 4: Arkoma 3-well nanoActiv® Treatment
In February 2020, 3 Woodford Shale horizontal wells were treated by Nitro-Lift with a nanoActiv® HnP Treatment. All 3 were gas wells.
- 30 Frac Stages per well
- Operator provided field gas
- Operator provided compressor
- Wells shut-in for 14 days after treatment
- ~140 days since the wells were treated
- Post-treatment, the wells produced an INCREMENTAL 543,000 Mcf as compared to the previous decline curve.
- When the wells were treated, total shut-in production was ~287,000 Mcf. The nanoActiv® treatment increased production by ~255,000 Mcf (as of 7/16/2020).
- The slope of the decline curve is flattening on Well 1 and Well 2.
- Nitro-Lift estimates the treatment paid for itself in 90 to 140 days.
- 140 days post-treatment the cumulative incremental production increased by ~4,000 Mcfd between the 3 wells treated.