Frank Semple: Chairman
- Retired Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
- Joined MPLX in 2015, at the time of the MPLX and MarkWest combination ($15.6B transaction) and retired in 2016. He joined MarkWest in 2003, as president and chief executive officer and was elected chairman of the board in 2008.
- Completed a 22-year career with The Williams Companies and WilTel Communications. He served as the chief operating officer of WilTel Communications, senior vice president/general manager of Williams Natural Gas Company, vice president, operations and engineering for Northwest Pipeline Company and division manager for Williams Pipeline Company.
- Prior to his time at The Williams Companies, Mr. Semple served in the U.S. Navy.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the United States Naval Academy. He completed the Program for Management Development at Harvard Business School.
- Serves on the board of directors of the general partner of Andeavor Logistics LP.